Project Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Genesis

Project Genesis: The Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Server should be back up.....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Xenon
Admin
Admin
Xenon

Server should be back up..... Empty
PostSubject: Server should be back up.....   Server should be back up..... I_icon_minitime1st June 2011, 4:27 am

Early (remote) tests show the server to be up and running again just fine. However, you need to change the host.

In the game folder, click on and open up the "host.txt" file. Erase what ever is in there, and replace it with: 192.168.0.100 and you SHOULD be able to connect.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

-X
Back to top Go down
http://www.project-genesis.net
Doc Thc

Doc Thc

PostSubject: Re: Server should be back up.....   Server should be back up..... I_icon_minitime1st June 2011, 8:33 pm

hmm, i changed the host, could type the loginname and pass - but nothing happened, it also doesn't show me how many ppl are online - if i use "switch server" the game crashes...

Greetz
Doc Thc
Back to top Go down
Xenon
Admin
Admin
Xenon

PostSubject: Re: Server should be back up.....   Server should be back up..... I_icon_minitime1st June 2011, 11:52 pm

Yeah, colwin confirmed it all for me. Imma try recompiling the server and client, and maybe change some of the ports used. Hopefully that fixes it. Smile
Back to top Go down
sedge

PostSubject: Re: Server should be back up.....   Server should be back up..... I_icon_minitime2nd June 2011, 12:45 pm

Isnt the IP 192.168.0.100 a internal IP ??? i could be wrong but something is telling me it is!! So its not a IP we can reach from the outside!!

please excuse me if im wrong.

sedge
Back to top Go down
Xenon
Admin
Admin
Xenon

PostSubject: Re: Server should be back up.....   Server should be back up..... I_icon_minitime4th June 2011, 8:04 pm

Yeah, it was. I was just trying everything. Got it working now though. New IP is: 67.185.184.203
Back to top Go down
Warwick

PostSubject: Yeah   Server should be back up..... I_icon_minitime4th June 2011, 9:00 pm

cheers cheers Yeah good job thanks cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
sedge

PostSubject: Re: Server should be back up.....   Server should be back up..... I_icon_minitime5th June 2011, 1:49 pm

still cant connect on that IP!! I have changed the info in the host.txt file but still no go :( HELP!!!!
Back to top Go down
colwin

PostSubject: Re: Server should be back up.....   Server should be back up..... I_icon_minitime5th June 2011, 3:43 pm

Works fine here too...just had to wait a few seconds on the first connection, but as normal after that.
Back to top Go down
sedge

PostSubject: Re: Server should be back up.....   Server should be back up..... I_icon_minitime5th June 2011, 6:47 pm

yeh tryed leaving it but still no joy :(
Back to top Go down
colwin

PostSubject: Re: Server should be back up.....   Server should be back up..... I_icon_minitime5th June 2011, 11:11 pm

Is your firewall blocking it sedge?
Back to top Go down
sedge

PostSubject: Re: Server should be back up.....   Server should be back up..... I_icon_minitime6th June 2011, 2:22 am

ok, i looked at that and no it isnt

Still cant connect :(
Back to top Go down
Doc Thc

Doc Thc

PostSubject: Re: Server should be back up.....   Server should be back up..... I_icon_minitime9th June 2011, 5:14 am

maybe you need to download the Genesis-patch too??

Greetz
Doc Thc
Back to top Go down
sedge

PostSubject: Re: Server should be back up.....   Server should be back up..... I_icon_minitime9th June 2011, 8:45 am

well i have updated the host.txt file. Correct me if im wrong but all you should see there is "67.185.184.203" ??
I have even tryed downloading the game again and the patch and installing but still nothing. I have even disabled the firewall but it still will not connect!!

God knows why it wont connect now!! Question

Server should be back up..... 702192
Back to top Go down
Xenon
Admin
Admin
Xenon

PostSubject: Re: Server should be back up.....   Server should be back up..... I_icon_minitime14th June 2011, 3:02 am

sedge wrote:
well i have updated the host.txt file. Correct me if im wrong but all you should see there is "67.185.184.203" ??
I have even tryed downloading the game again and the patch and installing but still nothing. I have even disabled the firewall but it still will not connect!!

God knows why it wont connect now!! Question

Server should be back up..... 702192

Hmmm, that's really odd. I'm gonna try a server reboot, see if that does it for you?
Back to top Go down
sedge

PostSubject: Re: Server should be back up.....   Server should be back up..... I_icon_minitime15th June 2011, 7:37 am

Well if you have rebooted it i still have no joy here!!

There is no logical reason why it wont connect, but it wont!

Im no noob either!, been playing Dia's for best part of 10 year, have done this kinda thing before and its worked.!!

Can you update the game download ? Maybee that might work, and will also give any new players a change LOL.

Peace. x

Sedge
Back to top Go down
Xenon
Admin
Admin
Xenon

PostSubject: Re: Server should be back up.....   Server should be back up..... I_icon_minitime28th June 2011, 9:27 pm

Sorry i have been absent, I've been having a very hectic schedule at work, as well as trying to do the stuff I need to do to ETS out of the Army. I am also starting my Post-Army career with my cousins, and helping develop a new GUI for the Cyber Security software they developed. I have not forgotten about the problem, Sedge, and am trying (when able) to fix it. I am currently trying to employ a few changes to the game and will release the update ASAP.

I am sorry for any inconveniences you, or anyone else have had.

-X
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server should be back up.....   Server should be back up..... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server should be back up.....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Genesis :: General Discussion-
Jump to: