Project Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Genesis

Project Genesis: The Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Back from Yakima...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Xenon
Admin
Admin
Xenon

Back from Yakima... Empty
PostSubject: Back from Yakima...   Back from Yakima... I_icon_minitime1st February 2011, 10:41 pm

...after two very cold weeks. Did some okay training, did various weapons qualifications, shot Expert (40/40) with my M4. On my Stryker I was motherfucking Top Gunner in the company, I fucking raped those targets.

Then we did squad live fire exercises, which I fucking owned at with my Stryker when engaging targets. We had so much ammo too, I put around 115-120 .50cal rounds into ONE fucking target alone. lol

Fun little side note adventures: my non-driving mother fucker of a driver took the First Sergeants hummer out for something involving one of our ranges, and got it stuck as SHIT. The maintenance chiefs hummer even got stuck, and so did a wrecker. We ended up having to call up the local National Guard unit which is a heavy/mechanized unit (Bradleys for Infantry, M1 Abrams for tankers, an d M88s/M88 Hercules for mechanics) to come out and pull that shit out. LOL

THEN the damn company commanders' driver left his ass DOWN RANGE on our live fire range after one of the iterations was done, he ended up saying "fuck it" and walked two kilometers back to the staging area (with my LT), and when we offered to go get him (in my truck) he's like "Negative, we're just gonna walk, but have my fucking driver standing by for me" lol

THEN later that night, the company commander pretty much got designated as a target on our blank fire, a guy in 2nd Squad was like "Alpha 3-2 this is 3-2-bravo" (3-2/2nd squad leader replies) "Roger, I have something moving around about 300m in front of me, over." CO comes over the net "Hey uh, 3-2-bravo, does that object have a white light on it?, over" 3-2 bravo replies with "...roger, over" and the CO is like "Roger, that's Alpha-6, don't worry about him, over". LMFAO

FUN mother fucking times, and THEN when we were having our convoy brief this morning, the CO was in my serial and I jinxed us. I said "Hey, Sir, I have a question for ya" and he says "What's that?" and I'm like "So, my driver got 1SG's hummer stuck, your driver left you down range, AND we pretty much designated you as a target out there. Is there ANYTHING else that we can do to make your last "hurrah" with us THAT much more interesting?" and he started to say something, then stopped, paused a moment, and was like "...nah, I'm not gonna say it, it'll probably happen". Well you know what? My fucking Stryker about 70 miles in to the trip started backfiring, and blowing smoke like a fucking train, ultimately ended up hooking it up to another Stryker, towed it back to Fort Lewis, it is now in the maintenance bay, won't even move under it's own power (about 1 in 5 times it'll start up), AND it has the mechanics scratching their heads in puzzlement over it. Because it's not showing ANY faults on diagnostic displays. LMAO, so tomorrow, imma be down there, and for every work day until it's fixed, BUT on the plus side: I don't have to hang out at company doing the gay shit there, I get to chill at the motor pool where shit's laid back. LOL

Whelp, ANYWAYS, I'm back, rebooted the server, hopefully that took care of those bugs, if any of you all still have them, lemme know and I'll look in depth. Imma tired, been up since 3am, and not had much sleep the whole field prob. So, I'm out for tonight, lemme know if anything comes up, and I'll fix it. Smile

-X

...oh yeah, during the day it usually heated up to 40's, but nights were in the teens, and we got snow too. And when riding in the STryker, I have to stand up out of my hatch. Brrrrrrrr! lmao
Back to top Go down
http://www.project-genesis.net
Number One

Back from Yakima... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Back from Yakima...   Back from Yakima... I_icon_minitime2nd February 2011, 10:49 am

nice to see you had fun lol. Now i understand why Americans are so good with friendly fire: you practise on your officers!!!!

Wink

well done on the top gun!
Back to top Go down

Back from Yakima...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Genesis :: General Discussion-
Jump to: