Project Genesis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Genesis

Project Genesis: The Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unable to download - Antivirus says the .exe has a backdoor trojan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deekz

Unable to download - Antivirus says the .exe has a backdoor trojan Empty
PostSubject: Unable to download - Antivirus says the .exe has a backdoor trojan   Unable to download - Antivirus says the .exe has a backdoor trojan I_icon_minitime24th November 2010, 2:09 pm

Not only that, when I do click to open the exe, nothing happens at all.

Even after I disabled my anti-virus (because I figured it was acting up), and re-downloaded the game, and yet, nothing.

Anyone else have this problem? Or have a solution to it?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
Deekz

PostSubject: Re: Unable to download - Antivirus says the .exe has a backdoor trojan   Unable to download - Antivirus says the .exe has a backdoor trojan I_icon_minitime24th November 2010, 7:09 pm

So far, I've uninstalled my anti-virus and any anti spy/ad ware programs.

I've downloaded the program on 3 separate browsers, firefox, chrome, and IE

I've re booted

I tried to run the program instead of saving it then running it.

And still nothing.

I cannot get the client to install.

Please help.

(I'm growing weary of pDiaspora, and would LOVE to try out this game)
Back to top Go down
colwin

PostSubject: Re: Unable to download - Antivirus says the .exe has a backdoor trojan   Unable to download - Antivirus says the .exe has a backdoor trojan I_icon_minitime24th November 2010, 7:52 pm

Firstly..get your anti virus and spyware back up.!!!! Rest assured...there is no virus or trojan in the download. Have you also downloaded the patches/ updates for the game? It will not load unless you have, due to new maps and ships.
Back to top Go down
Deekz

PostSubject: Re: Unable to download - Antivirus says the .exe has a backdoor trojan   Unable to download - Antivirus says the .exe has a backdoor trojan I_icon_minitime25th November 2010, 2:47 pm

Ah, I didn't download the patch. That may be the problem. Trying it now.

And just so you know, a separate mate of mine also found the following in his Project Genesis.exe installer.

"C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Downloads\Project Genesis.exe";"Trojan horse BackDoor.Ircbot.NPS";"Infected"

I dunno if it's just my anti-virus acting up, or what; but I'm sure it warrants some looking into.

I also found the problem why I couldn't install the game. Since my anti-virus thought the installer was infected, the resident shield forbid me from opening it. So I just bypassed it and said anything in my \downloads was okay to open. Easy fix.

See you on shortly Smile

Back to top Go down
Xenon
Admin
Admin
Xenon

PostSubject: Re: Unable to download - Antivirus says the .exe has a backdoor trojan   Unable to download - Antivirus says the .exe has a backdoor trojan I_icon_minitime25th November 2010, 3:29 pm

You're the first one that's had that problem. But I'm guessing it's probably the fact that it has an outgoing connection to my server.
Back to top Go down
http://www.project-genesis.net

Unable to download - Antivirus says the .exe has a backdoor trojan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Project Genesis :: General Discussion-
Jump to: